How to use NoRestore option?

RalphTrimble

TVWBB Diamond Member
I've been having some trouble with my HMv4.1 connecting to my wifi, so I wanted to start out fresh. I re-imaged the SD card and want to use the NoRestore option but don't think it is working right cause upon first boot the system seemed to reboot a few seconds after it powered up (assuming that was after the restore).

After I imaged the SD card I opened up the cmdline.txt file, the line reads:

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait

BUT there is some symbol that looks like a small box at the end of that line which will not copy/paste here?

I am wondering if I should add norestore before or after that symbol, and what that symbol is and is there for?

Not sure how you're accessing the file, but it sounds like a unix / dos character thing.

Put norestore before the symbol

thank you for the reply. In the meantime I think I figured out the issue, holding the HM board in my hand I noticed when moving it I would hear an oscillation type of sound coming from the board which seemed to be coming from the ATMega region. I re-seated the chip and it seems to have gone away and now everything is working fine. I also re-soldered the ATMega socket just for good measure and put in the jumper wire for the LED (which I hadn't even noticed wasn't working). Right now all seems good....

Back