How to remove (permanently) Spirit E310 side burner

JDanham

Hello all - because we are about to take delivery of a RecTeq RT-700 pellet grill :), I am pressed for space on my deck. I do not want to get rid of my Weber, but I hardly use the side burner. YouTube has tons of info on how to CLEAN the side burners and replacing them but there's nothing really about actually disconnecting it and removing the shelf. I guess if nobody comes forward I'll have to go back to the manual and reverse the installation instructions lol...
I'm pretty sure that as long as all the gas connections are closed off that there is no risk associated with this undertaking.

Thanks!

Dan

Just plug the gas line, use pipe dope and double check it with the soap bubble test. Then you can take the burner off and do what you want with it, if you're anything like me you will store it in your basement for the rest of your life!

Welcome Dan

A Pic of your grill might help. If it is like the genesis E330 side burner, the side shelf is likely two bolts. I would re install the bolts to the frame so the threads don't rust.

The E330 has a quick connect to disconnect the burner. If I were removing it long-term, I would remove the gas line at the manifold and cap it off.

A pic or two of how the gas line connects to the burner and manifold might also help with suggestions.

Good luck.

Hi there - thanks for your replies. I believe when I was looking at it earlier there were 2 bolts. I don't think it has `quick connect' as I distinctly recall installing the side burner on one side and the shelf on the other. I must say the side burner has most definitely suffered from our not using it more than a few times...
Welcome Dan

A Pic of your grill might help. If it is like the genesis E330 side burner, the side shelf is likely two bolts. I would re install the bolts to the frame so the threads don't rust.

The E330 has a quick connect to disconnect the burner. If I were removing it long-term, I would remove the gas line at the manifold and cap it off.

A pic or two of how the gas line connects to the burner and manifold might also help with suggestions.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Weber side burner 2.png
    Weber side burner 2.png
    757.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Weber side burner.png
    Weber side burner.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • Weber1.png
    Weber1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Hi there - thanks for your replies. I believe when I was looking at it earlier there were 2 bolts. I don't think it has `quick connect' as I distinctly recall installing the side burner on one side and the shelf on the other. I must say the side burner has most definitely suffered from our not using it more than a few times...
Sorry I was confused about quick connect for the gas line. I'll have to double check that - and cap-off as noted, thanks.

Hi Dan, you should cap or plug the side burner at the gas source. The side burner gas source is the main burners manifold or there might be a brass fitting that “splits” to gas to the manifold and side burner.

Register your grill with Weber if you haven’t already. Once registered you can see the schematics

On the old genesis-es you end up plugging a female gas outlet, if it’s male then cap it of course. Just don’t forget to soap test then you can have peace of mind.

Thanks everyone - I think I have enough feedback on what I should do. I'll circle back later, cheers!
Dan

Ah thanks for this! I might end up, once the RT-700 is here, just leaving it on if I can tweak the positioning of everything.

Back