How to hold ribs that are done early.....

Bill S.

TVWBB Pro
Smokin' a couple of slabs of St louis's for a get together with our neighbors. It looks like they are going to be done an hour or so early. They are small, about 2.5 pounds a piece. They have only been on three hours at about 230 degrees, they are starting to pull back quite a bit. Just closed all the vents. What is the best way to hold them if/when they are done too early. I was planning on 6 to 7 hours in the WSM. I'm used to 3.5 to 4 pound slabs, these are the smallest I've done plus it's the first time I've done more than one slab. I figured they would go 6 or seven hours because there was more than one in the smoker. Guess I was a bit off on that, lol........Take it easy.

Wrapped in foil in a dry cooler and you can pull them just a touch early so they won't go mushy.
Jim

If youre going to sauce them then I just pull them as they are done and put them on a tray covered LOOSELY with foil. When they are all done I fire up the kettle and sauce them till I feel they are done being careful not to burn them.

Back