How to add light briquettes

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well just got the WSM from Amazon, put it together and now it is time to cook..

My question is, I see many people here just add unlit coals to the bowl when adding more fuel for long cooks...(Is this OK when using standard Kingsford, not Matchlight stuff)

But what if I want to get my coals ashed over before adding them... how do I get the HOT coals from my chimney to the bowl in the bottom of my WSM?

Do I have to remove the center ring, place it aside.. add coals, then replace, or is there a slick method that you guys use???

Thanks
-Craig

If you want to add hot coals during the cook, you can use a set of tongs to add them one by one through the access door. It'll keep from having a lot of ash fly around inside the chamber.

Craig

I would strongly recommend that you never take the center ring off after you've begun the cook to add coals. Certainly not if you have water in the pan. Could cause a serious accident.

If you read the section on firing up the cooker you'll probably find it would be pretty unusual to have to add coals - certainly if you start with the correct amount. On the very extended cooks you might and then you could add hot coals, carefully, through the door with long tongs as was indicated.

Good luck and enjoy !

PRG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back