How much longer should 2 briskets take than one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob O

TVWBB Pro
Hi all,

I'm planning out a cook of (2) 12 to 14 pound briskets for next month.

If I was to cook just one of these I'd plan for an hour and a half a pound.

How much longer should I allow for two?

Since they are the same size(more or less) I would figure the same timeframe. Putting in 2 vs. 1 isn't going to change anything that drastically.

As always, a cooler and towel and HD foil will cure the "done early" sickenss if it shows up, which I doubt it will!!

Good luck Rob...hows about some pics!!

Will do Greg. I'm planning this out now for Saturday November 20.

Do you have any experience with prime cut brisket? Think it might be worth the money?

Rob, I dont think you will find a substantial difference in taste between prime and choice, although, I could be wrong. I don't remember anyone ever saying they have cooked a prime cut on this site. My butcher told me there is quite a price difference between the two. It would be a shame to pay more and not be able to tell a distinct difference between them, don't you think?

Since it is going to be a late November cook, you might want to start w/ more lit coals than normal if it is cold out. Other than that, you'll be fine!!

Thanks Greg,

Think I'll save my money this time around.

At 3 bucks a pound extra that would run another $90. That'll buy a lot of beer...

Hey Rob, if your going to eat on 11/20, you might want to wait before throwing them on the WSM, I don't think they will last 6 weeks in the cooler
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back