How much is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck no. Load it up and light the fire.
icon_eek.gif
Bryan

nope, I did 4 - 8lbers a couple of weeks ago. Gonna try 6 or 8 one day by standing on them on edge ...

Thanks y'all. I just did not want to overload it. Shawn, please let me know how the 6 or 8 works out. I like to make eastern style (eastern north carolina i.e. goldsboro/ wilson/ rocky mount) pulled/chopped bbq and freeze what survives the initial feed. The more frozen, the more I can eat.

I did 6 (50 lbs) last Wednesday, worked fine. Set them on edge and formed 2 triangular teepees of 3 butts each, with an open top.

Vernon,
How often you make the drive between cities?

My locaton should actually say Charleston, SC and Salisbury, NC. Smoker is in "Chucktown", that's why it is listed.

Back and forth all the time. Driving more than smoking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Finney:
Vernon,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depart CLT typically 0530 Mondays, Return late thursdays unless it is friday or saturday. occaisional routing by way of Raleigh and/or Goldsboro.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vernon N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Finney:
Vernon,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depart CLT typically 0530 Mondays, Return late thursdays unless it is friday or saturday. occaisional routing by way of Raleigh and/or Goldsboro. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like we have similar schedules. Usually drive from Salisbury Sunday evening (sometimes Monday morn), head home Friday around lunch. Wife comes down approx. every two weeks. What type of work you do?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vernon N:
Vernon,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depart CLT typically 0530 Mondays, Return late thursdays unless it is friday or saturday. occaisional routing by way of Raleigh and/or Goldsboro. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like we have similar schedules. Usually drive from Salisbury Sunday evening (sometimes Monday morn), head home Friday around lunch. Wife comes down approx. every two weeks. What type of work you do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dumb@$$ engineer by training and practice; construction management for past 20+ years. We try and stick to the federal market; I am currently sitting on the air station.

And you?? My guess from reading one of your posts about having a workstation and working in Catia is that you are similarly situated

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chris:

Remove $$$:

Vernon$$@new$bunch.com

I did half of a 50lb case overnight Friday for a Saturday birthday party. 2 on each rack, 10:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Pulled them at 4:30, awesome. Major feasting commenced.
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back