How much is this grill worth?

Savio

TVWBB Member
I found a brand new Weber GGA with wooden handles. It does not have the original box but it has never been used. The wood handles look amazing. I paid $30 for it because i wanted the wood handles to swap with my 26.5 OTG. I am not sure what the value of the GGA is so i don't want to mess with it till i find out its value.

30 bucks for a new one is well worth it. The handles alone are a steal for that price.
I had an older one a while back and I paid almost $50 IIRC..

Tim

I picked up this one a few months ago for 30 dollars.
I don't think it was used more than two or three times.

This one also came with all the original paper work, which sealed the deal for me.

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b514/f_colavito/IMG_00000011_zps6211ea91.jpg

frankie - if you add [imgg]photobucketlinkhere[/imgg] with only using one "g" in img, the pic will show in the post.

Now that I'm on the laptop, I added the img brackets so the photo will post

IMG_00000011_zps6211ea91.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. I think i will swap the wood handles with the plastic ones from the 26.5 OTG and then try to sell the GGA on CL for $25.

Did this work out? I had the same idea for a gas go anywhere. Later I bought a charcoal go anywhere thinking similar thoughts but I just noticed this weekend the charcoal go anywhere wood handles are riveted on.

nothing breaks my heart more than messing with a wooden handled cga. they deserve respect folks. the one with the rivets are a collectors item for us cga junkies.
I have two unused wood handled ones and two lightly used ones w/mixed handles and two used ones w/plastic handles. that's just the charcoal ones. similar amount with the gas models.

Did this work out? I had the same idea for a gas go anywhere. Later I bought a charcoal go anywhere thinking similar thoughts but I just noticed this weekend the charcoal go anywhere wood handles are riveted on.
Chris, i decided to keep the GGA and use it as my camping grill. It just looked too pretty to take apart. I might add a thermometer to it.

nothing breaks my heart more than messing with a wooden handled cga. they deserve respect folks. the one with the rivets are a collectors item for us cga junkies.
I have two unused wood handled ones and two lightly used ones w/mixed handles and two used ones w/plastic handles. that's just the charcoal ones. similar amount with the gas models.
George. for the right price this grill can be yours!

most gga's are in the $60 range with the charcoal ones just below that. when you find one with wood and change it I think it is an injustice to weber history.
I have been tempted a few times also but I thought, "I'm messin with history". so I leave them alone.

I have the charcoal version of that vintage 79 with the wood handles that I would never get rid of.
It really does work well anywhere.

Back