How many pork butts can you do at once on a WSM

I need to cook 6 pork butts on my WSM for christmas presents and teachers gifts they will be 6-7 pounds each is it possible to do them all at once so I don't have to do 2 seperate cooks..what do you all think. I was thinking i could put them 3 at a time in a pyrimid on each rack

You can get 6 butts on at one time, figure that cook will take a little longer than normal because of the volume of meat.
Jim

Jason, doing 5 this weekend. Two will lay flat on the top grate and three will fit in vertically in a modified rib rack on the lower grate or vice versa depending how it fits.

I find that in order for them not to sit on top of one another, they need to be 8lbs and under, in which case I can get 6 on the two racks of a WSM.

I also pay attention when I put them on and I stagger the position of the meat on the top rack 60 degrees from the meat on the bottom rack, if you think of putting the meat in the Mitsubishi 120 degree pattern, the top rack points go into the bottom rack open areas.

Jason - you'll get 6 on without too much trouble.

Let me guess, now you're wondering about a Backwoods, or a Stumps, or an FE huh?

Happy Holidays, and you're kids have some lucky teachers!

I sure wish i had the money of ra new one but I have been looking at the FE, but it will probably be another WSM instead I love that thing

Back