How many charcoal chimney starters do you own???

3 Weber ones (2 of which are pretty rusted but should last another 5 years). And 1 stsinless steel that has become my go to chimney especially when firing up the SJP. Its about 3/4 the size of the Weber and is also better for lighting the few briquettes needed for the MM start.

I have one Weber and about 6 of the cheap ones. Very often when I buy a used Weber grill from Craigslist the owner has a chimney and a couple of other items they throw in. So I've accumulated quite a few.

Bill

I was lucky enough to score a brand new Weber chimney (wrapper still on it) when I got my 22.5" OTS at a yard sale for $25.00. The grill was used maybe twice - it's brand freakin' new.

I'm keeping the new chimney packed away until my current Weber chimney disintegrates....
icon_wink.gif

I have two Weber chimneys but only use one. The other one is unused in the shed. The one I use is a year old and has no rust but I keep it inside the house in a cabinent that holds all of my grilling stuff. I had a cheap chimney that I gave to my GF's step-dad after I bought the Weber one.

Wayne

I have 3 older ones and just bought a new no name and a weber, the weber is the go to chimney unless I am firing up for several dutch ovens at the same time as well as the grill.

I just have the one small cheap-o that I got last year when I got my WSM. But the missus is getting me a OTS for my birthday next month,so I'm going to get a Weber chimney.

I have 3 cheapos. One has been around several years, one larger (similar size to the Weber) with a lousy heat shield, and one that my wife bought me for about 2 bucks - it's unused waiting for the time that one of the others dies.

If I still lived on the coast the original would probably be dead by now. Here in Alberta at about 3200 feet or so these chimneys still have a ways to go.

5 total. 4 webers and 1 cheapo that I modified to use with a propane camp stove and the charcoal grill from an SJS as starter for the webers if I'm not near a gasser with a side burner. 2 0f my Q's are spread out among the inlaws so I dont't have to haul them back and forth. They each have a weber starter so that just leaves 2 at home.

Here's a picture of my current chimney family:

DSCF4570.JPG

The smallest one is half the diameter of the Weber, and is ideal for lighting very small amounts of charcoal, like just a handful for the Minion method. The middle one holds enough to fill a charcoal basket, and I use it when I want to grill indirect or smoke on the OTG. The Weber is the big gun for when I need to light a lot of charcoal.

-Mark.

I have 1 Weber and would like to have 1 more but they are expensive here in Canada. (about $30) I'll wait until I cross over to Plattsburg, N.Y. to get my second one.

After going through 2 cheap ones, I finally stumbled on the amazing weber model.

I affectionately call it "The Ferrari of Barbeque"

Back