How many butts per cook?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have read max of 4, 6, and 8. To get the kind of results I am used to, how should I cook six butts?

How big are the butts Steve? I have done 4 6lb+ butts without much problem (20hr cook). The only concern I would have would be airflow with that much meat. As long as they aren't 9-10lbers you may be okay. BTW I did NOT rotate the butts from the top to the bottom and they were all done at the same time. I also used water. Hope that helps!

Larry, I usually use the boneless butts at Costco-about 7-8 lbs.

Steve, I have done a total of 5 butts at one time. I have added an extra grill to my WSM. I buy my butts at SAM's club.

I have not see any issue with air flow etc. with having that many butts at one time.

Cheers, Mark

I just finished the third rack mod this morning and it looks real good. Im going to try to do 6 butts this saturday. I will let you know how it all turns out.

Steve, Without doing any mods to the WSM you should be able to fit 3 butts on each grate. Typically in the 6-7lb range...perhaps you might have to fit them in right but I have done it many times before!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back