How many briquets in a Weber Chimney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve C.

On my last smoke I don't think I had enough fuel for the fire. I want to do some chicken breasts today. The "recipie" calls for a Weber Chimney full of briquets. Unfortunately I have the Kmart bought generic chimney which is not as big. So, what's a good estimate of briquets for a Weber chimney?

Sonny, never counted them but i'm guessing about 40-50 if you want me to count them for you i will.
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

Sonny,

The Weber chimney is about twice as big as most of those generic chimneys.

Two of your chimneys should be fine. If you have extra left over, you can use it again next time.

About six pounds, if you have a scale. Or roughly 1-1/2 smaller chimneys. A lot more than 40-50, in either case.

The Weber chimney holds 6 lbs of briqs as opposed to 4 lbs for the regular size. As always, credit to Doug D for this valuable info.
icon_smile.gif

Can you believe - while I was typing and giving him credit (see above post)
icon_rolleyes.gif

Paul

Doug, that's why you da man.
icon_wink.gif
I went out and filled the Weber chimney up. To get a full chimney slighly rounded on top it took 100.
icon_eek.gif
So now i know shhhhh! don't tell anyone else though. Bryan

Thanks to all for the replies. This is probably why my last smoke, (BRITU), had a problem getting the temp high enough! That and adding cold water to the pan and cold meat on the grill!!
icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the post. I had been wondering the same thing. I also have a smaller chimney and wasn't sure how much smaller it was than the weber one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back