How long does igniter battery last in Spirit E-330?

Mark Miller

Can anyone take a guess how long the AA battery might last in a Spirit E-330 if used 4-5 times a week? I bought it last November. I'm about ready to replace the tank. I thought maybe I should replace the igniter battery at the same time during warm weather so I'm not out there in December doing it.

I understand this battery is located under the grill, where the wires connect and NOT in the igniter mechanism like my old Nexgrill? This is something I really don't like. Is it difficult to change when you can't see it very well? And can you look in there when the tank is there or is it best to do it when the tank is out?

Thanks for the advice!

Batteries are cheap. Change it out. You can always use the old one in a flashlight or something.

Can anyone take a guess how long the AA battery might last in a Spirit E-330 if used 4-5 times a week? I bought it last November. I'm about ready to replace the tank. I thought maybe I should replace the igniter battery at the same time during warm weather so I'm not out there in December doing it.

I understand this battery is located under the grill, where the wires connect and NOT in the igniter mechanism like my old Nexgrill? This is something I really don't like. Is it difficult to change when you can't see it very well? And can you look in there when the tank is there or is it best to do it when the tank is out?

Thanks for the advice!

On that spirit grill there is a module in the cabinet. There is a screw cap on the module containing the battery

You should be able to access the module with the tank in place but it is not in a convenient place

Back