How long can I hold em?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian H

TVWBB Fan
A few things different from my last butt smoke. I now run sand and I know my bullet like clockwork. I put the butts in last night at 8 and they are at 192 now. I expect they'll be ready to pull off around noon. How long can I hold these? Dinner at 6.

Brian...4-5hrs in a dry cooler. Wrap the butts in Heavy Duty Foil in a few layers then put towels on top...I heat my towels in the dryer for 20min or so just for extra heat ad hold time.

Also...take the butts to 205 or so...you can minimize the hold time the longer you keep it on the smoker. Do you have the butt foiled on the WSM right now??

What Greg said and you can put really hot water in the cooler for 15 - 20 min to get the cooler as hot as possible before puting the butts in. Bryan

Thanks guys and gal. I am taking them to 205, and just juiced em again. My last butt run I was hoping they'd be done and this one I'm stalling- go figure. I'll tell u one thing- sand seems to be my new best friend.
icon_smile.gif

Remember Brian...foiling can speed up the process if stall times irritate you! I have a 8# butt on right now and it is foiled. Reading 201 at the present time and the smoker is at 230!!

Just a suggestion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back