How good (or bad) is the Summit Kamado E6

It’s ~500 less than it’s predecessor was. Minus the bowl and lid, they had to lessen some materials. They couldn’t keep it the same materials and drop the price, us that paid the original 1500-2000 price would be furious, and they would make less per. So, expect some “lesser quality” fellas. Crooked emblems, meh, ok, it’s a thousand bucks, I get it. But....well whatever.

Thank god they didn’t do a baked transfer, would lessen the overall appearance and make it look cheap and tacky. I would take crooked emblems over that any day.

It’s ~500 less than it’s predecessor was. Minus the bowl and lid, they had to lessen some materials. They couldn’t keep it the same materials and drop the price, us that paid the original 1500-2000 price would be furious, and they would make less per. So, expect some “lesser quality” fellas. Crooked emblems, meh, ok, it’s a thousand bucks, I get it. But....well whatever.

Thank god they didn’t do a baked transfer, would lessen the overall appearance and make it look cheap and tacky. I would take crooked emblems over that any day.

It has always been overpriced for a pressed steel product. It can maintain a high price because it has unique cooking flexibility, looks good and easier to manage than a ceramic kamado.

Porcelain enamel is a wonderful finish and surprisingly inexpensive. I'd take a baked in transfer over a wonky, plastic logo that will deteriorate over time.

I'll live with the wonky logo but there is no excuse for it, even if it's a $150 kettle. If they want to save on production costs then let the customer stick the logo on. Then you can choose to have it as wonky as you like.

It's a minor issue, along with a few other minor issues but If Weber remain complacent they'll eventually lose out.

If people ask me for advice on buying a good kettle I now tell them to look at the Napoleon and SnS and compare it with Weber. Weber are falling behind.

It's only a matter of time before someone builds a better version of the Summit Kamado. I don't know if they have any patents to protect against copies.

I'm a long time Weber fan but in today's competitive market they need to up their game to maintain market share. They've floated on the NYSE so let's see if they invest in improvements or cut more corners to maximise profit for the shareholders.

Last edited:
I run around Woodland / Lincoln / Marysville. I love the Ace stores around here.
Brian just a little further up the road in grass valley B&C Ace hardware is where I got mine (S6) which was the display model. they have a great selection of Webers many on display might be worth a trip to see in person

Back