How do you reheat chuck roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob O

TVWBB Pro
Hi,

So what's a good way to reheat refrigerated, unsauced, (unpulled for that matter) chuck roll.

I sort of have a little left over. Like five or six pounds
icon_wink.gif

Rob, don't you have a food saver??? How can you call yourself a Super Fan???

That is the best way to do it. Also, ziplock bags works well. Portion it out pulled and then to the freeze. When hungry, boil in bag, reheat in microwave or do it in oven wrapped in foil w/ a little liquid. Stovetop is also a good idea using the oven method minus the foil!!
icon_smile.gif

Also, sending a pound to Cleveland is an option as well!!! Espically since you ripped our hearts out today!!!!
icon_frown.gif

Hi Greg,

Yeah it's kind of silly w/the Superfan thing. The only reason I have so many posts is because I have so many questions. They should give us all some option to demote ourselves.

Compared to most of you folks I'm basically ignorant. I know enough about cooking to be dangerous but not a thing about BBQing.

I've lived in the Northeast all but 4 years of my life. There isn't exactly a wide base to learn from. But I'm hooked and getting better at it all the time.

Have to say this is a whloe different style of cooking than anything I'm used to. Some of what I've learned from other styles transfers but this low and slow stuff is a challenge and working with smoke complicates things even further.

Anyway I'll get the foodsaver soon. One toy at a time. The ET-73 was my last one.

As far as tonight I made a mustard sauce before I saw your post and heated up the CR in the same pot I made the sauce. It was pretty good.

Thanks for the tip on warming it all up in the oven. That's the way I warm up a pot roast.I'll give it a try.

As far as today's game Iknew the Browns were going to be tough. But wow. Didn't expect them to be that tough.

I only caught one play on TV: That absolutely ridiculous roughing the passer penalty on fourth down and 6 in the fourth quarter just before the 2 minute warning.

Ref must have been watching the cheerleaders on a bush league call like that.

Bet that's the way you guys saw it too huh?

Rob, not exactly, but almost the same way you saw it!!!

I saw more of a pass interference thingy versus the roughing the passer thingy
icon_eek.gif

Rob,
Next time you do a chuck roll, pull it all before refridgerating it. Makes things simpler. As for reheating, you might consider a lite spray of Apple juice and heating it in the microwave at 50% power, 1 min at a time until it's hot enough for you.

You cooked it low and slow, reheating is the same.

Rath *Hating the Egirls since the Miricale in the Meadowlands*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ROB O:
Hi,

So what's a good way to reheat refrigerated, unsauced, (unpulled for that matter) chuck roll.

I sort of have a little left over. Like five or six pounds
icon_wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hi Rob, were you asking how to reheat a portion or the whole thing? The others covered reheating a portion,I would add gentle steaming as an option (just 'till it's hot).

If you want to reheat the whole thing Chris Allingham made a post a while back about freezing a cooked butt before pulling.

You could take your 6lbs from the fridge, foil it and stick it in the oven 250F - 275F use your therm and take it to 140F - 160F (not sure what temp would work best, rest?). Then remove and pull.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ...Yeah it's kind of silly w/the Superfan thing. The only reason I have so many posts is because I have so many questions. They should give us all some option to demote ourselves.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I know what you mean .... I have your registration date beat by 26 days and that's when I started Qing (on average more than once per week)... but the rankings are about TVWB usage not Q skills ... you are a TVWB Super Fan and I am a Pro in posting questions and contributing to TVWB.

Don't worry about asking questions ... if you're constantly trying to improve it's normal to ask questions no matter what your skill level.

I've used apple juice like Rath suggested. I have also used beef broth and enjoy the taste more than the apple. Either way just don't blast it with heat, take your time. I have a foodsaver and it's the best. Glad it worked out well for you. I'll be doing a chuck roll again in a couple of weeks.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back