how do I start?

Simon Broadribb

Hi All

I have just started using my stoker again this year with great results so I thought I would attatch it to my computer via a cable as recommended in the booklet. I expect some kind of prompt or hardware found message, but nothing. Although I use the computer I only know the basic, could any one tell me what to do next am I doing someting wrong?

Many thanks

Simon

We can certainly walk you through it.

But first, can you tell us if you have a home network where you say, share you Internet connection? Do you have a "router?" If you do, just connect the router to stoker.

As to not getting a message, that is normal with a network connection. To get that working you need to reconfigure your PC. If the above works, then you don't.

Hello Amir

I have seem many of your other replies but I think I am missing some basics here. Do I have to connected to the internet for this to work?

We do have one of these 'routers' at home but if I connected it to the bullet it would mean having a cable throw the whole of the house which would be a huge no no with my house pround wife. Is there another way?

Many thanks for your help on this one.

Simon

Hi Simon. No, you don't need any kind of internet connection. I was just hoping that your router was close to the stoker so that you could just connect to it without any other configuration.

Are you trying to just connect a PC directly to the stoker and use them that way, without the PC being connected to the Internet anymore?

And what Operating system are you running on your PC?

Hi Amir

Yes, I am trying to connect the lap top directly to the stoker via a cable. Is there any advantage having the internet involved?

My operating system is xp.

Many thanks

simon

Back