How did YOU find this site? *****

I found this site by a recommendation from a fellow who competes in the BBQ circuit in Ontario. I contacted him about what type of smoker to buy, and he told me about the WSM and about this site. Best advice anyone has ever given me. Thanks Chris for all that you do.

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Google search on Weber Smokey Mountain... and there you have it, first listing.
icon_biggrin.gif
Similar for me, only I didn't know about the WSM ... I experienced 'southern US style BBQ' and just HAD to start cooking it. I don't recall exactly but I started Googling something like 'smoker bbq barbecue'. Then found this place. The members here helped me choose a WSM over a Bradley and the addiction began.

About 5 years ago, I started getting interested in learning about / how-to do "proper" low-and-slow barbeque.

Originally started researching different smokers, and when it came down to bang-for-the-buck, it seemed to me that the WSM was the way to go (at least, for a way to "get my feet wet").

Once I made that decision, I started doing more focused research on the WSM - which led me here. I lurked here for a year or so before I bought my 18-inch WSM.

It's been fun and good eatin' ever since. Originally, I thought that I wanted an offset, like Klose. Now, I find that the WSM is probably all that I ever will need for the kind of / amount of cooking that I like to do.

Oops, my abject apologies for abusing your name Wolgast.
icon_smile.gif
I THINK that it was a typo on my part (the "f" just seems to naturally follow) but who know, my mind ain't what it used to be. Anyway, my curiosity is satisfied.

So I already said how I found TVWB. Let me just say that I now try to recommend it to everyone I can that shows and interest in smoking or the Weber line. Just too much good, no GREAT, information here to keep it secret.

Rich

I found this site by googling smokers. I couldn't get my vertical cabimet smoker working right. in an attempt to learn to smoke I rushed out and bought the first smoker I could find. I had no idea the WSM even existed. well I finally got a real smoker(WSM) and a couple years and pounds later I a m still lovin it. this site is awesome. thank you chris and all of you. for too many grumbling stomachs.
Leif

I found this site looking for smoker reviews as i was getting ready to take the plunge and buy a smoker. But it wasn't until I did a cook on my kettle while waiting for my smoker to arrive where I added WAY too much smoke wood (and had to toss a batch of ribs
icon_frown.gif
) that I admitted to myself that I didn't know what I was doing. So back I came and then I quickly realized just how many good ideas could be found here. Great site, great people. Thanks to all for making it so great!

mike

I was looking for some ways to modify for my kettle to make it easier to smoke on. My search led me here and to a few other sites. After lurking for a few months on them, I chose this one as my go to site.
Now your all stuck with me. (as long as Chris says I can stay). This place gets my vote for having the best members in the BBQ world. Thanks for having me.

I had an ECB and was very dissatisfied with it. My birthday was coming up and I started researching what was the best/price. After finding this site and reading up I went with the wsm. Was there any question?

I was trying to learn how to cook on my then-girlfriend's Smokey Joe at her college apartment. Now we're married, have 2 more Webers, and I've tried making just about everything on this website. Well, except a fatty and brisket.

My first experience with BBQ was on a family member's electric cajun cooker (bought out by Brinkman). When I was single I used to buy myself a Christmas present every year to make sure I got something great. I wanted to a real smoker and started researching them. I loved cooking on Webers and found out they made the WSM. So I typed it in google and up came this site.

Spent 5+ years reading things and checking out recipes when I needed some before I finally signed up last year. Now whenever I get a break at work, I jump on for a few minutes. With my new android phone, it's just like using a computer to browse and posts from home.

I bought a WSM at a neighbors garage sale. All I knew at the time is that it was a Weber, and shaped like a bullet, I didn't even know that it was called a Smokey Mountain.
I Googled "Weber bullet", and it brought me to this place.
I learned how to assemble and use it at this site.
Since that first WSM (I learned here that it is the oldest known WSM and only documented "B") I have added 5 more WSMs. All bought used, at an average investment of $90 each.
Greatest backyard BBQ pit in the world, and this is the site to come to to learn how to use it.

In 2007 I began thinking I wanted to get into smoking. But I get into a lot of hobbies. I made myself wait a year before I bought anything. In that year, I began reading many sites about barbecue. As 2008 came, I began to really do my research for what smoker to buy.

On the sites I was reading, I noticed that everyone who had a WSM wrote positive reviews of their equipment. Those with offsets (low end) in my price range reported mixed results. In all those reviews, someone(s) linked here.

Once I decided I would actually purchase a WSM, I began asking questions here. Everyone was friendly. Lots of help was provided as I learned how to use the thing. I stayed around since, although I just took a hiatus for a bit from this site as I scaled down my 'Net activities (I do that every now and then).

Like most everyone else, I researched smokers (actually I was looking at BGE's) then was looking at a more affordable WSMs. I'm glad I went with the WSM.

I always wanted a smoker and was doing research on which one is the best backyard model to buy and found the TVWB gold mine.

I spent the better part of a day reading through the areas of this site and learned tons. That's why whenever I buy anything on Amazon I come here so Chris gets the credit.

Russ

Found this site a few years ago. Referrals from other bbq enthusiasts on other forums when I first had the inclination on getting a WSM. However just joined a few days ago when I ordered my bullet.

A buddy of mine sent me an IM that said "here you go, this will keep you busy for a while" with a link to a SJS smoker conversion page. Joined that day and took a set of tin snips and bolt cutters to my SJS and have not looked back. And I must say out of the boards, BBQ or not, this is friendliest group of people I have talked to.

Saw it mentioned on one of "The Smoke Ring" forums and since I already had a WSM thought I would check it out. Glad I did...friendliest BBQ site on the internet and a great cross section of experience and opinions.

Back