How About Them Drippings?

Tony Hunter

TVWBB Pro
I was just wondering if anyone retains their Pork drippings for other uses. Chicken is a huge "No-No" for sure; but I saw a cooking show on Food TV where a BBQ Restaurant retains their pork drippings for other things. Do any of you all do this? How should it be done? Maybe this is another article for the cooking section.

Tony

Tony-- I use drippings to include in sauces or build a sauce on top of them. I wrote a (very lengthy) post about it here. Fatty pork (or beef) drippings make a delicious spread on rolls (a Jim Langford suggestion) that I really enjoy.

I have no problem using chicken drippings for sauces and do frequently. As with any drippings, so long as your temps were fine throughout the cook there is no issue with using the drippings.

i like to place a pan of baked beans under the ribs to catch all those juices.....MMMMMMMM!!!

but i dont save any for any other purpose

I usually foil the meat with some apple juice. The drippings I put in the frig and defat. I have used it to make Jambalya or to add to the chopped pork or sliced brisket.
Loren

Back