How about grilled eggplant parmesan?

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
I bought this book for a $1 at the thrift store today and had a couple of eggplants at home, so I got inspired to try grilling up some eggplant parm. My son gave me those silicone sheets for the grill so I thought I would try them. They seem to work ok. At least nothing fell through the grates.
I cut the eggplant into about 3/8" slices, wiped on a little olive oil and salt, and grilled them up on a medium heat for 30 minutes flipping once. I sauced the bottom of the baking dish and put the first layer in. Added more sauce and mozzarella cheese, and another layer of all. On top I sprinkled some bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Covered with aluminum foil and put back on the grill for about 10 minutes until it started bubbling. We served it over spaghetti squash cooked for 10 minutes in the instant pot. With the price of meat going up, I may need to grill more veggies;-)
It was really good. I will do it again.

Attachments

• 20210606_181112.jpg
    20210606_181112.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210606_190341.jpg
    20210606_190341.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210606_202641.jpg
    20210606_202641.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 6
Looks good Joe, I may give it a shot. I've never had eggplant parmesan before, or any form of eggplant to before to be honest. Just guessing here, but would you say that it is similar to zucchini?

Charlie

Looks good Joe, I may give it a shot. I've never had eggplant parmesan before, or any form of eggplant to before to be honest. Just guessing here, but would you say that it is similar to zucchini?

Charlie
Maybe just a little. Eggplant you have to cook until tender. Zucchini not so much. I even eat zucchini raw with dip sometimes but you would not want to try that with eggplant IMHO.

Back