Hot spots in Weber Genesis

Brian Corey

TVWBB Member
What is a good way to diagnose and fix hot spots in a 1996 Weber genesis? I refinished one with new burners and manifold recently (pictures in another thread).

It cooks well, just seeing if there is a way to tweak performance.

Thanks!

Was the manifold actually new? If so make sure the manifold is seated to the grill housing and burners correctly and fully. Be sure the burner tabs are under the hold down washers correctly. Also (I know this will sound weirder than you can imagine) but stay with me here..............Is the grill level from side to side? A heavy slope can affect it...............really. Also don't judge it on a windy day. Are the rails holding the grease funnel doing so with a consistent space? Here too this affects air flow and temp. And last if the manifold was a "used" one take it off and remove the gas orifices. I was advised by a Weber rep to do this and it solved an issue with my Genesis. So well that I now make it a part of my regular maintenance on all gas grills I use

The manifold is new, just purchased from weber. I just noticed that when cooking, it was a little hotter on the right side. Still cooks like a champ. I'll take the grates and bars out this weekend and play around with it a little.

Back