Hosting Heatermeter

RBennett

I cannot figure out how to allow internet connections to access my Link Meter page. I have forwarded a port through my router to the Link Meter LAN IP but I cannot seem to access it. Do I need to change something with the Link Meter?

If you've got the port forward setup correctly, your ISP might be blocking the incoming port you've chosen.

Well, the port is validated open and also it is trying to connect me to the right lan IP address. However, it just hangs at transferring data. This is what the Open Wrt log says when I am connecting:

Dec 24 22:12:25 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[22297]: Child connection from XX.XXX.151.220:50122
Dec 24 22:12:30 OpenWrt authpriv.info dropbear[22298]: Exit before auth: Exited normally

You're forwarding to port 22 on th e HeaterMeter which is sad, not Web. You want to have your router forward 8080 to 80.

Thanks Bryan, got it working by forwarding port 80 instead of 8080. Unfortunately my router does not allow me to forward an external port to a different internal port so this seems to be my only option.

Back