Hormel Ribs from walmart

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
i know that doesn't sound tempting (ribs from walmart), but i picked up a few packs of baby backs and spare ribs in the creolevac (however its spelled). I found them to be just..ok, but attributed it to my bar b qing. Have any of you had experience with these ribs? Are they equally good to most others? Just curious.

I got a brisket from there last week and it turned out great. Most of the ribs I have done have been Smithfield. I think they should be fine.

I'll have to check the Hormel ribs, but I'm about done with Wal-Mart meat. If they ever start selling juiced packers, I'll quit for good.

The other day, I lovingly pan-seared two pork tenderloins and oven-roasted them off in the pan. As they rested, I made a very tasty pan sauce from the drippings.

I put the first bite in my mouth and it was terrible. Way too salty with a texture like canned ham. I looked at it, and sure enough there were bubbles in the meat. I pulled the wrapper out of the trash, and there it was in the fine print -- up to 12% whatever added. Anyone who would do that to a tenderloin should be shot, then juiced.

I wonder how much meat they'd sell if they had to label it "Up to 88% pork" in great big letters.

D

Anytime I see Hormel branded pork, I assume it's enhanced, unless the words "all natural" are prominent. I believe creolevac was invented somehwere around here-- most likely down da bayou.

Back