Hopefully one of the Cheesehead crowd gets this!

Yah, I am pretty flush on 1000's. I already have a couple spare Roto brackets. It would be good for parts.
This is in AlexHan's territory.

By the way, that metal bracket on the left hand shelf is the manifold support bracket. THose tend to fall off as this one obviously did. That is a good find right there as they are totally missing on a lot of the Genesis 1000's. The only real issue with the grill other than the wood being mostly shot is that the bottom rack is missing. Not sure if it was wood or a wire rack.

Looks like the post is already gone / picked up.

I wouldn't have been able to pick it up anyways. Wife said no more grills until you get rid of the ones you currently have.

Alex, how did the manifold work out for you? Did you get the Q200 cleaned up yet.

If you are still looking for Genesis 1000 parts, let me know what you need and we can do a deal at the Grill Meet.

Alex, how did the manifold work out for you? Did you get the Q200 cleaned up yet.

If you are still looking for Genesis 1000 parts, let me know what you need and we can do a deal at the Grill Meet.

Hi Bruce,

No idea about the manifold, holding on to it for the future if we get a NG line put in the backyard (prob not for a few years). I could always test it out an my inlaws who have a gas line.

Q200 cleaned up great! I clean out the tubes, and excited to try it out this weekend on our first family camping trip.

As for Genesis 1000 parts, I have so many parts right now, I have to organize to see if I'm missing anything for ones that I'm planning to flip. As of right now, I don't think I need anything but will let you know. Only gripe that I have is when I tried purchasing tubes, I can't find any under $45 bucks, so i opted for this package for now: VICOOL 7538 7506 Grill Parts Replacement for Weber Genesis 1000-5000,Weber Genesis I - IV,Genesis Platinum I & II,Stainless Steel Flavorizer Bars and Burner Tube Kits - which I ordered earlier this week and now they aren't even available anymore.

:(

EDIT: Just found these ones, and ordered a set: Htanch SG538(13-Pack) SG506 for Weber Genesis I - IV and Weber Genesis 1000, 5500 Genesis 1300, Genesis 2000, Genesis 2300, Genesis 3300, Genesis 3500,5000 Platinum I & II for Weber 7538 Weber 7506, and $50 (vs $62). We'll see how they turn out.

Last edited:
I expect the burners will be fine, but don't expect too much out the flavorizer bars. I bought one of those sets last year and the flavo bars were cheap 20 gauge SS. They felt like heavy duty tin foil.
This is one reason I am getting away from rehabbing Genesis 1000's. I still have several out back, but I don't pick any more up. I do have some burners and flavo bars in inventory though that I bought for good prices last year and glad I did.

I expect the burners will be fine, but don't expect too much out the flavorizer bars. I bought one of those sets last year and the flavo bars were cheap 20 gauge SS. They felt like heavy duty tin foil.
This is one reason I am getting away from rehabbing Genesis 1000's. I still have several out back, but I don't pick any more up. I do have some burners and flavo bars in inventory though that I bought for good prices last year and glad I did.

I wish I did too, but I didn't want a bunch of inventory sitting in my garage. Shoulda / woulda / coulda.

Back