Hongso Grill Grates

NickF

TVWBB Fan
I just received these today for my Genesis rehab. As soon as I opened the box I noticed what looks like slight surface rust on the bars where maybe they welded the middle support bar from the factory. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal? Just curious if I should reach out via Amazon to the seller or if this is common place.71D015BF-1BA8-4DB5-8AA2-69C94C444F4C.jpeg

Nick,
Welcome to TVWBB. That is almost certainly not rust but discoloration from the welding process of fusing the lower bar. I wouldn't worry about it at all myself. It is more pronounced than some I have seen, but after a couple cooks you won't notice at all! You can satisfy yourself that it is real 304 stainless by trying out a good magnet. There will be a slight amount of attraction, especially near the welds. If instead your magnet grabs the bars hard then you got a switcheroo and I would make Amazon take them back.

Nick,
Welcome to TVWBB. That is almost certainly not rust but discoloration from the welding process of fusing the lower bar. I wouldn't worry about it at all myself. It is more pronounced than some I have seen, but after a couple cooks you won't notice at all! You can satisfy yourself that it is real 304 stainless by trying out a good magnet. There will be a slight amount of attraction, especially near the welds. If instead your magnet grabs the bars hard then you got a switcheroo and I would make Amazon take them back.
Thanks Jon!

Back