Hong Kong Barbecued Chicken

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
This was dinner tonight, and we both thought it was VERY GOOD!!!!!!

Source: Weber's Charcoal Grilling

Sorry, I thought it was just a waste of my time. I have posted hundreds of recipes here and very few people have ever used them. IF you REALLY want the recipe , let me know and I will be happy to post it.

I enjoy looking at recipes, just because I don't use it does not make it a waste of time. It may not be in my flavor profile but when I make a recipe I look at common ingredients and possibly something I had not thought of. So please post it. How do you know if people use your recipes?

If/when I use a recipe someone posted here, I am polite enough to THANK that person. I'm sure everyone here would do the same. ;)

Hong Kong Barbecue Chicken

4 chicken thighs (with bone and skin) 5 to 6 oz. each
4 chicken drumsticks, 3 to 4 oz. each
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Sauce
2 TB. hoisin sauce
2 TB. cider vinegar
1 TB. plus 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. peanut oil
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Let the chicken sit at room temperature for
20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
2. In a small bowl whisk the sauce ingredients until smooth.
3. Prepare a two-zone fire for medium heat.
4. Grill the chicken, skin side down, over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until golden brown, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
5. Move the chicken over indirect medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes, with the lid closed. Then brush both sides with a thin
layer of the sauce. Continue cooking until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink at the bone, 10 to 20 minutes more, turning
and brushing with the sauce.

Source: Weber's Charcoal Grilling

Joan, I always read your recipes. My problem now is time restraints with Barb going to therapy sessions almost every day and me every other day or so. Dinners right now are leftovers and quick heat and eat stuff. Just don't have the time and energy to do bigger cooks with household chores and all the other things that need to get done.
Plus, we are purging the 3786 recipes I accumulated during my self-imposed house arrest during the pandemic.
Anyway, I do appreciate you posting the recipes you do, and I have copied some and made note of those that I have the same book.
Thank you for doing that.

Rich, I am soo sorry about all your and Barb's health problems. Wish there was more I could do to help 🥰

Back