Honey Ribs

Charles Howse

TVWBB Wizard
Not too much to say about these, just wrapped in foil with butter, Br. Sugar, & Honey.

They came out really pretty looking, (I think), and sweet tasting.

Hehehe...You're getting to know me pretty well, Steve.
icon_wink.gif

Heck, with 2 racks per plate, there's no room for any sides!
Actually, I didn't have anything that would hold all 4 racks without stacking them on top of each other, so I just put 2 racks on a plate for the picture.

These were Danish ribs, and they were a little shy on meat, so I ate a whole rack with store-bought beans and potato salad.

I went to Home Depot looking for a Charbroil Rib Rack, but they didn't have that brand, so I wound up with this one, which I pulled out of the dishwasher for the picture.

When I got home and opened the box, the base was missing.
Back to HD, (15 minute drive), got another one, took it to the counter, base missing, finally got home with a complete one.

It will hold 6 racks, but with all 6 vertical pieces, the top of the WSM rubs on the ones on the ends, so I left them off during the cook.

Those ribs look great I bet they were a real hit.

I saw on the food network way back when a show on how to cook ribs I think it may have beem Emril. What was suggested was stacking the ribs on top of each other and letting the jusices base the ones below and after about an hour swith the bottom to the top to bottom move the middle ones around and so on. I have to tell this is a gret technique in cooking ribs everyone I cook them for goes crazy when I serve these. I am not saying this is the only thing that makes a great rib but it sure helps for me anyways.

Give it a try you may like it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> stacking the ribs on top of each other </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the smoke get into the ribs evenly when you do this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Lohrentz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> stacking the ribs on top of each other </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the smoke get into the ribs evenly when you do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never had a problem as they get moved around enought so that the middle ones will land on top or the bottom. I also flip them over when moving them around. I put them right over my water pan and the moisture is just amazing.

Back