HM 4.2.4 working but no speaker

Jeff Theobald

I assume that in the configuration page, if I click "Test" I should hear a tone from the speaker but nothing happens. I have 12.4v at the junction of the 1K resistor and the speaker (and the leg of Q2). and I read zero on the other two Q2 legs, which I believe is normal. What else can I check?

TIA

Ok, I figured it out. The "Test" button doesn't do anything. The following conditions seem to be required:

- Probe must be plugged in
- A Threshold temp needs to be specified for the probe (I picked a few degrees above the current ambient reading)
- the alarm must be Enabled
- The Config must be Saved & Applied

Pinch the probe in between your fingers and the alarm should trigger when you reach the Threshold value

Yup the test button only tests the scripts/email/sms. It does actually test the buzzer too, but for a split second so it might not ever actually produce a sound.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought maybe I bungled a solder joint. And that would have disturbed me since I once worked as a NASA-certified wireman who had to create hundreds upon hundreds of perfect solder joints, subject to multiple levels of inspection. LOL. I'm only waiting on my thermocouple probe now, just about ready to start using my HM. Really looking forward to it.

Back