High Speed Chicken cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Lowery

TVWBB Member
Yesterday I tried something new. My wife was planning to cook some chicken breasts but didn't get them on before she left for work. So I got her to get a chimney full of charcoal going right before I got off from work. On my way home she called and told me we had more coming for dinner. I stopped and picked up another pack of breasts. She had been marinating the breasts in diluted dales sauce. I cranked up the smoker, threw the breasts on. Dome temp hit 400, then down to 350. I pulled the breasts off at 35 minutes, internal temp 155. Results, well not as good as the basic brine and longer cook, but it was still really good chicken and much better than grilled. The breasts that marinated were better then the ones that didn't, but they were still really good. Just thought someone might like to know you can get good chicken in a hurry if you need to.

Greeting neighbor. Well almost neighbor...

I smoked my buckboard bacon last Sunday morning. It reached the 140 alot faster than I had anticipated. I was left with a load of hot coals that I hated to waste!

Getting to my point, I sent the wife to get some bone in chicken breast. I dusted them with dry rub and threw them on the WSM. Turned out alot better than I expected.

I've cooked better chicken, but this was pretty good stuff considering the time invested!

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again if the need arises!!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back