High Heat Tape

Todd Brazil

TVWBB Member
Does anyone know the brand name of the high heat tape included w/ a DigiQ system? Where can it be purchased? I plan to tape off all of my vents from the inside of the WSM. One of my vent dampers is very loose and will sometimes open spontaneously. I came home yesterday to find my cooker at 300 degrees instead of 225 due to a partially open vent! Luckily, the baby backs turned out great despite this.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and get aluminum tape they use to seal duct work its made to take heat and pressure. It's also pretty cheap for a good sized roll.

Don’t know the name of the tape that comes with DigIQ system but I just leak proofed my 22.5" WSM using Nomex adhesive backed high temperature tape fromBBQGaskets.com. The gasket tape is 1” x 1/8” and very easy to work with. Haven’t had a chance to fire it up yet but everything fits snug and tight. Have pictures but I'm new to the site and didn't see obvious way to insert.

Todd,
Please disregard my previous senior moment post. I have successfully used 3-M high heat tape to stop leaks in both my Weber kettle and WSM. It is rated up to 600 degrees and can be purchased from Amazon.com for around $8.50 a roll.

Thanks for the advice. I picked up some HH tape at Lowes this afternoon and sealed her up tight. Can't wait for the next cook. I'm expecting much more stable temps using the DigiQ.

I like the 3/4 inch aluminum plugs better than tape. Plugs are removable. You can find them at lowes and hd.

I went to hardware store and found corks that I covered in foil that fit perfectly. I only have them in two open holes for the vent I attach my party Q to but they would work just as good to plug all the holes. If you want to use 8 corks
icon_smile.gif

Back