Hi From Memphis

RJ Spomer

TVWBB Member
Hi
I love the internet. I found a group of folks that are as crazy as I am. I told my wife that I was going to replace the parts on our 15 yr old red head Weber. I bought this new after going thru 2 charbroil units. I have replace two sets of flavor bars the original grates. I now need an extensive repair. A new drip pan, new warming basket and warming rack and a new set of flavor bars. I found the bars on Amazon aftermarket heavy duty and the basket and rack. She said why not buy a new one and then realized that I would rather fix it than buy new. I plan on a total tear down paint and clean-up and will post before and after photos.

A couple of questions I have always wanted to convert this to natural gas and a few years ago almost bought a conversion kit. Now I find out from Weber that it is not available. I also found that others have drilled out the orifices but then others said that you need to replace the manifold because the valves are different and the header size is different. I also thought that maybe a trade would be a good idea someone may want the manifold hose and tank bracket for a conversion to LP.

Any thoughts on this?

Great to find this group

RJ

Welcome to the group RJ. There was a thread a couple weeks ago by a guy who wanted to convert to lp so a swap might be possible. Don't remember who it was though.

Thanks guys!

This site is quite addictive. I now have started looking at CL thinking about finding another and rebuilding it for a family gift and maybe another for for us. The recipes are great will try these out.

RJ

Back