Hi folks, new guy

Graham McDonald

I have owned a Weber Summit Platinum for about 8 years now, without any problems. I love it. Now I want to move back(?) to charcoal and I think I have settled on the WSM 18.5. I had a look at one this morning along side the 22.5 and I was quite surprised at the physical difference in size.

It's mostly the wife and I now so I think the smaller unit will be suitable.

I have watched several youtubes and read many posts, most of which have provided me with info that I can use to make an informed decision, so I would like to thank those who have contributed to the newbies, unknowingly and I look forward to more posts.

Welcome aboard Graham! I also had to make that decision between the
18.5 and the 22.5. There are only 2 of us at home, of course I get a lot
of drop ins lately and there are many times I wish I had gone with the
22.5. I will probably be purchasing the larger one this summer.

Welcome , graham. I am in the same boat. Just me n sweetie , mostly. I have an 18.5 and its been more than adequate even when the kids come over or we have guests. Good luck , brother.

Welcome Graham! Like Frank H, I have the 18.5" WSM. Not only has it been big enough for the two of us, but even when our 2 kids visit - and the bottom rack has NEVER been used! You'll love it... smaller footprint and less fuel usage are two of the perks of the 18.5" WSM....

Back