Hey pros....2 easy questions for ya...

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
I am normally quite wordy so I will make this a shorty

I need to have a supply of gas valve screws and end cap compression nuts. I probably didnt call either by their proper name but surely u guys know what I am talking about.
Where do u guys get yours and what are the sizes please?
Thanks

Thanks Bruce......no wonder you are a 1 star Olympian! I love amazon links. Just click click boom bang submit...done...on the way!
I cant believe you guys arent stripping out valve screws. dont get me wrong I have only stripped one but sometimes they are a bit rusty or for some reason bent and it would be nice to replace them. I will eventually conquer those screws. Someone posted before the size he thought they were on another thread and I picked those up but they did not work. I will head to my local hardware guy.....its one of the last remaining old school hardware stores where people help you and put all of your hardware in little brown baggies.

Sure.....I will have to stop by the shop to remove one........but when you remove the manifold and are looking at the the valve stems........when we remove the valve casing to clean and lube we remove the 2 screws and the spring.......u know.....those screws? I will gladly forward a pic if u can help.

Are you missing one? If you have them all but don't like the appearance, they clean up very nicely with a dremel/mini wire cup brush combo

Yes those are the screws that I am talking about. Although the ones I come across are phillips head. They usually break free pretty easy but occasionally I come across a tough one. Since they are in a cavity I cant dremel a straight edge on them if I strip the phillips. In the one case where I stripped one out I had to carefully drill it out. I would just like to have 25 of them laying around so I can remove the screws with no worries at all and replace if necessary. I have yet to see a valve with straight edge screws on them....your example must be from a very old grill.

Here are a few from a resto I was working on a while back

Attachments

• 20200510_153006.jpg
    20200510_153006.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 12

Back