Here we go! First pork butt on this Oakford!

Well, outside is where my grills are :D I also use electrical contact cleaner (just depends what is closest on the shelf) when I go to clean. For the squeamish you can (and I do as well) use a ScotchBrite pad and a little detergent or ammonia based cleaner.
Bottom line if your RTD is dirty temps will not be correct

Well, outside is where my grills are :D I also use electrical contact cleaner (just depends what is closest on the shelf) when I go to clean. For the squeamish you can (and I do as well) use a ScotchBrite pad and a little detergent or ammonia based cleaner.
Bottom line if your RTD is dirty temps will not be correct
What I found interesting was how the grill settled in to the 275 temperature after I pulled the pork to wrap it and then put it back.

BTW, I tossed the foil. I think the grease tray and fire pot diffuser are some lower grade stainless steel...good enough for their intended purpose.
I'll go back and wipe tha RTD probe with Goof Off later. Thanks for the tips.

What I found interesting was how the grill settled in to the 275 temperature after I pulled the pork to wrap it and then put it back.

BTW, I tossed the foil. I think the grease tray and fire pot diffuser are some lower grade stainless steel...good enough for their intended purpose.
I'll go back and wipe tha RTD probe with Goof Off later. Thanks for the tips.
Be careful with Goof Off. It's oil based and leaves a deposit that will attract even more deposits.

I've got other stuff too. Greased Lightning and a Scotchbrite pad wipe off with a damp cloth.
Yeah, IDK what GL is. Never used it. Feel it with your fingers before using it. I usually just keep things simple. Plain ammonia, a good solvent, what have you. I looked the stuff up and it seems to reiterate it may not be the best stuff for that application. At least wipe it off with a damp cloth to remove any possible residue.

Yeah, IDK what GL is. Never used it. Feel it with your fingers before using it. I usually just keep things simple. Plain ammonia, a good solvent, what have you. I looked the stuff up and it seems to reiterate it may not be the best stuff for that application. At least wipe it off with a damp cloth to remove any possible residue.
Good Off followed by a wet paper towel. Looks like new...at least the part I could reach.

Yeah, I bought these magnetic hooks on Amazon thinking I could hang the rack on it out of the way, off to the side. They won't even hold the tongs.
The magnets seem strong enough but they just slide along the painted surface like skates on ice.
Get the large ones from Harbor Freight but try them in the store as I found discrepancies on the ones I tried. They work well and I have about 4 of them in constant use. Here is one set.
1709583096306.png

Why "awful"? It works, dries with no deposits basically gets the gunk off it so it works correctly. Nothing "awful" about that.
Awful cause you have to be very careful not to get spray on you or have it back spray on your eye. Awful cause it is a horrible environmental and ....
Awful cause it works awfully well.
I use that and carb cleaner etc for a lot of things. But it is not a safe chemical.
Well done.

Hate to tell ya how many times that stuff has back splashed under my glasses and into my eye (no I don't recommend it :D) Honestly what chemical is "safe"? Considering how it's used in shops and how I used it when we had our shop (used it to wash down brakes) I don't think using a little to clean the probe will hurt anyone/anything. I used to buy it by the case. Now only an occasional can.

Hate to tell ya how many times that stuff has back splashed under my glasses and into my eye (no I don't recommend it :D) Honestly what chemical is "safe"? Considering how it's used in shops and how I used it when we had our shop (used it to wash down brakes) I don't think using a little to clean the probe will hurt anyone/anything. I used to buy it by the case. Now only an occasional can.
Yeah that is a tough sting too. Oddly, if I am wearing my glasses, the spray will snake around them. If not, no problem.
Effective. A favorite. Guilty favorite, but effective

Back