Helping my in-laws, is there a fix for...

Chris_Vagnozzi

TVWBB Member
...when your gas grill is constantly blowing out from the wind? Have any of you come up with a clever solution? My FIL has a Weber Genesis redhead that doesn't have much protection from the elements, namely wind. He does lots of long roasting on his grill and lately feels like he has to babysit it to make sure things are staying lit. He has full upgrades in the last couple years and it runs like a champ, so definitely not a question of the grill's integrity.

How do you guys all deal with this? I know for myself, my grill is relatively close to my house (not too close) and isn't in large, open area. Of course you can't cover the hole, but are there other things to help with this?

Make sure the tank's not close to empty and at least one of the burners is on medium.

A shield made of plywood will work. I've seen them made for smokers with aluminum foil lined Styrofoam insulation to help keep the heat in in the winter.

Is he cooking with the lowest amount of heat possible or something ? Reason I ask is that I've been using Genny's for 15+ years and have never had an issue with wind blowing a burner out.

Back