Help!!!!

A Moe

TVWBB Fan
Wife just surprised me with asparagus. My eyes lit up with joy. I already have the coals going for Round steaks. I have no idea how to grill it but I have seen a ton of pics on here. Any suggestions?

love asparagus.... i toss it in olive oil and throw in on direct for a bit.... if you like it softer then you can cook them indirect for a bit. i also like tossing a bit of shredded parmesan on them when they come off.

love, love , love asparagus!

Love it. I am going to do Parm.
(Yum PAAARRRMMM!)
icon_eek.gif

yup the parm really takes it over the top.....

when i broil it in the oven (you know those things IN the house!) i add finely chopped garlic to it.... on the grill it burns too quickly.

I am sooooo disapointed in my self! (Hangs his head in shame.) I forgot the Parm. But on the bright side Olive Oil and seasoning. AWESOME! Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A Moe:
I am sooooo disapointed in my self! (Hangs his head in shame.) I forgot the Parm. But on the bright side Olive Oil and seasoning. AWESOME! Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know that always happens to me.... i forgot that precious last thing that is supposed to make complete my dish. never fails. but im sure it was still great.

With asparagus that I grill there are 2 seasonings that I have done in the past.

Used to do McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning. But then I discovered Weber's Veggie Grill seasoning. Toss some olive oil on first, then shake the Veggie Grill on. Delish.

I like it tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook them over direct til you get the char you want then move to indirect til you get them to the tenderness you want. Then pull and toss with Parmesan. I've experimented with balsamic butter and also with a little soy sauce but couldn't get those right.

i toss in evoo and hit them with fleur de sel right when they come off the grill

sometimes i'll hit them with some Penzey's Fox Point seasoning (amazing stuff)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ivan Stratton:
I like it tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MMMMMM! Red Pepper. Gotta try it. With all this talk of Asparagus I am buying stock in that

I do it all the time. I shorten it by cutting about an inch of the bottoms off and then put it in a gallon size ziplock bag. Add your oil and seasonings and roll it around a little. I just keep it by the grill until I am ready to put it on. Remove them from the bag with the tongs to keep your hands clean.

Butter, salt and pepper on the asparagus. Take four of them, wrap with bacon, on the grill, direct heat, turn so they do not get too burned. One of the best sides i can put in my mouth.

I like mine with evoo & beau monde seasoning. Used to do it over a campfire while hunting.

I blanch mine. Squeeze lemon in boiling water, when it turns that beautiful dark green dump it in icy cold water.
Very crispy

Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and fresh cracked pepper.
Soy sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds is also good.
Usually don't go for adding cheese to asparagus.

I like mine snapped at the weak spot about an inch from bottom and rubbed with olive oil and some sea salt and grilled over direct until tender. When I go a little fancier I do the olive oil rub but I add fresh squeezed lemon and sea salt and wrap two at a time with proccuito and cook with indirect heat until procuito is slightly crisp. Everyone really enjoys that one.

Back