Help wood chunks on backorder

Rick Soliman

TVWBB Pro
Hey I am doing my first WSM smoke on Satruday and my wood chunks have been on back order. I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago near Joliet. Anyone know where I can get my hands on some Apple or Cherry.

Thanks
Rick

Generally cherry and apple have been hard to find around here for me (except in chip form which I don't want). There have been a few recent threads about mail order places but that won't help you for this weekend.
Since it is your first smoke on WSM, why not just use Hickory this weekend? I got a huge bag at Home Depot for about $9, think it is 25 lbs (not sure since I bought it last year).
Jamie

If you have any friends in St. Louis, you could get someone to overnight some Super Smokers Apple wood up to you. I think they have chunks, but I can't remember. I've been in Maryland now for the past two years.

I'm not sure if this will help, but I ordered some cherry chunks from Cabelas on Monday and they arrived via regular shipping today (Thursday).

If you ordered tonight, there might be an option to have them delivered on Saturday. Cutting it close ... and you pay dearly for the convenience.

As a note I thought 3 days to get my cherry was great ... and the price (both product and shipping) was reasonable IMHO. Apple on backorder unfortunately.

Home Depot & Menards had apple & cherry chips. If you really ned them that would probably be the way to go. Expensive to use a lot of chips but, whats the cost vs great (expensive) food.

Rick,

I know its not want you want, but Home Depot in Joliet carries hickory and mesq(whater) in chunks in small bags that cost like 3 bucks. Sorry I couldn't help you with the apple/cherry.

Josh

Thanks everyone I just got home here and my order from Cabelas was here I got the Apple and the Alder the Cherry didnt come thanks for your help.

Back