Help with One Touch System Repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Verbik

I have a one year old performer and this spring I noticed one of the blades on the on touch system was no longer sweeping the ash. I turns out that the blade had bent or warped up at the bottom near where the control arm connects. So what's the best way to remove the control arm, hopefully without using the Dremel, so I can repair or replace the warped piece?

Congratulations on the Performer.

Similar thread.

Seems the related pics in that thread are no longer available, but the two tabs holding the control rod need to be pinched slightly to allow the rod to be extracted. IIRC, a screwdriver is inserted above the rod, then a twist helps get it apart.

Had a similar problem with the "H" drive one touch system on a Performer. I must add the that solution in the linked thread is the ticket. The pictures are still gone, but the jist is still there.

You wedge a flathead screw driver between the rod and washer on the bottom of the bowl, in between the tabs of the "H" drive. This creates just enough room for you to twist the rod and get the ridge on the rod out of the groove on the washer. You then line up the ridge and pull it through the tab of the "H" drive. Customer service tells you just to "wiggle" it. Wiggling it will do nothing but drive you batty.

George, you're talking about the "Hex" drive one touch system which does have the thumb screw attaching the rod to the "Hex" drive. Not sure what year they made the switch from "H" drive to "Hex" drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back