HELP!! Temp too LOW! People are coming soon!

OK, so here's a new one for me: my pork butts (two of them) have been on for 14 hours and are only at 150. I haven't been able to get the temp on the smoker back up from the overnight; it's hovering around 210 degrees with vents at 100%. I've added a chimney of hot coals which spiked the temp for a short time. I've added some unlit coals now to see if that helps. Maybe I have too much ash. Any suggestions, with guests arriving in 3 hours?
Peter

You're out of time. I'd go higher on the oven. Turn your oven to 350 now, then fetch the butts.

If you have a roasting pan and rack large enough to hold both good. If not, use two pans. No racks? Roll some foil into several balls and rest the meat on the foil. If not enough foil, don't worry about it. Put the butts in the pan(s) on the racks if you have them. Cover the meat and pans with foil and roast in the oven to finish. If you have a probe you can bury before covering with foil do so.

Once they're in go 20 min then lower the temp to 300. Take them to 190-195. Rest not less than 30 min. No need to remove them from the pans for resting but just tent loosely with foil and leave on the counter.

Back