Help- Smokey Joe platinum coal grate

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
I picked up a 2006 Smokey Joe Platinum last weekend. In my excitement I did not notice the charcoal grate was MIA. In research I’ve done over the last few days it seems that model had some unique sizing that makes it difficult to find parts.

Any ideas on what grate might fit?

Interestingly the bbq. Came with two top grates. Neither one fits very well but is workable...at least for now.

I picked up a 2006 Smokey Joe Platinum last weekend. In my excitement I did not notice the charcoal grate was MIA. In research I’ve done over the last few days it seems that model had some unique sizing that makes it difficult to find parts.

Any ideas on what grate might fit?

Interestingly the bbq. Came with two top grates. Neither one fits very well but is workable...at least for now.
There are differences. The cooking grate is 17.5 inches and only fits the Smokey Joe platinum. However the charcoal grate fits many of the 18.5” charcoal grills. I checked my old brownie 18 and the charcoal grate is the same. Even if the replacement you buy is a fraction larger or smaller it shouldn’t matter on the SJP since the charcoal grate dosent fit on tabs but rather on the bowl itself. I checked online and ereplacement parts wants 31 dollars for it. I’d check local box stores like Home Depot or Lowe’s and see about a cheaper charcoal grate. B7565A67-340B-4179-9003-B13A64BB623C.jpeg

I love my Smokey Joe Platinum and mainly use that to cook on. The cooking grate part number is 66913 and is specific to that model. If you call Weber customer service and ask them to discount the price - they will. I recently bought another and would like to fix it up. If you know anybody that has an extra vent for this grill, let me know. The one I just bought only had one..?!? The part number for the legs is 86820 and Weber has a ton in stock, 200 +. I'd love to get my hands on a green or red one....

Back