Help required please

Rick Poole

Hi there, we have just replaced our old Spirit 2 burner for a Spirit 3 burner but we think this one is not working correctly.
When it has got warm and we go to turn it down, it makes a strange noise and sometimes goes out (it does come back on again if we turn it up), I have added a video so you can hear the noise and then it goes out.
I have checked for leaks, replaced the gas bottle but it is still doing it. This is only 1 month old.
Any advice?
Sorry, I can't add the video for some reason. What format do I need?

All 3 go out. It is only when you turn them down, and it is not 100% of the time. Turning back up re-ignites them.
It is possible the back rail is still lit

You have a faulty regulator. If you registered the new grill just call Weber and they will send you a new one free of charge. You'll need your serial number.

So they turn on again by just turning the knobs, you don't have to hit the igniter again? Does the grill make kind of a whistling sound before the flames go down?

So they turn on again by just turning the knobs, you don't have to hit the igniter again? Does the grill make kind of a whistling sound before the flames go down?
Yeah, they go back on without igniter. We have always been stood over it so not sure if we were to leave it a minute or two

Without seeing them I think your burners are running a little too "lean" IOW too much air to fuel in the mix. This can vary with altitude. You might try closing down the air shutters just a couple mm or so

Without seeing them I think your burners are running a little too "lean" IOW too much air to fuel in the mix. This can vary with altitude. You might try closing down the air shutters just a couple mm or so
How do I do that? Is there any tutorial on here for that?

There is a gassy type smell when you are stood to the side of the BBQ

Back