Help... painted inside the kettle bowl

You are right again, Steve!

Weber has sold untold hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of these kettles over the past 70 years, and no doubt some of the problems they are facing today are caused by making a product too well for too long.
The key to it's success is that it works well and is basically unchanged in all that time, it's classic. Weber's problem isn't that they made their previous products too well, it's that they don't make their current products (except for the kettle) as desirable for the price they charge. I've said it before and I'll say it again that I would buy a new gas grill from them tomorrow if it was like the one (s) I have now. A grill that looks good, cooks good and holds up never goes out of style. I wouldn't even complain about the price.

Joseph K,

I admire your very careful determination to avoid any possible issue with fumes. I personally will stick with my view that if we are only talking about small repairs (not crazy full paint jobs as I have seen done inside a gas grill), I don't think there is any real risk as long as you do a couple good burn-offs. But, being careful gives comfort, whereas my view I suppose can leave you still wondering. The people who have painted the entire inside of their gas grill with high heat paint don't seem to wind up at the hospital. I guess that doesn't rule out more insidious longer-term effects, though.

Back