Help - Moral dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Weisse

TVWBB Super Fan
After ten years it's time to say farewell to my old pal (and sometime nemesis), the Brinkmann Smoke 'N Grill (aka - ECB, but that seems so harsh at this juncture). Rather than merely dispose of him, I was going to put Brinky at the curbside with a "Free to a Good Home" sign around his neck. And hence my dilemma.

Is it okay to pillage a few parts before he moves to his new home (assuming anyone is daring enough to take him)? I looked but couldn't find whether he had checked the "organ donor" box on his driver's license. And I can't find the key to his safe deposit box to read his will. In some respects we had a close relationship, but we never really discussed this specific topic.

Would this even be fair to his new keeper? I guess it's like getting a dog from the humane society in that you're required to neuter them within a reasonable time after adoption, right? I mean, everyone knows that if it's free there's got to be a catch somewhere.

Come on, everyone. I really need your advice on this one.

If you're trying to give away a used item which (in the opinion of a lot of people) was almost worthless when it was new, at least leave it intact or otherwise throw it in the city dump.

Good luck,
Jim

I'm afraid I have to disagree with Jim (apologies Jim). I have an ECB that my dad gave me. It's plenty old and I only used it once or twice before I "saw the light" and had to get me a WSM. Anyway, I've salvaged the grates off of it and would claim the pans if they would have been useful.

If you can use it, I say keep it.
--------------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

Keep the grates and pans, and donate the shell to the local junior high science class to be used as a housing for homemade rocket experimentation...

Someone in one of the small school districts around here supposedly did that. I never heard the results, though.

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back