Help Me Identify This Grill

Randy M

I bought this Weber this morning off CL. Unfortunately, the model and serial number have weathered off. Can anyone tell me which model it is? I'm guessing it's a Genesis 1000 LX but I'm not sure.

5Ie5L15H53F53L63H7c4p76431a75569f14ab.jpg

Based on the schematics it sure looks like it to me. I'd say either that or a 1300 but it looks like the 1300 has a black stainless handle so I'd say you're right.

That's going to clean up great!

Got it mostly torn down today. Threw out the flavorizer bars since they were badly corroded and they were the wrong size. About a third of the middle burner was missing so I pulled the manifold and tossed the burners. The bolt that holds the firebox on the frame is really rusted. It won't budge and the nut is actually coming apart when I try to move it. I sprayed it down with PB Penetrating Catalyst to see if it will loosen up. Anyone have any other ideas?

Never mind! On my way back home from dinner, it hit me. The cooking box wall is pretty thin, now that the nut has broken off, I should be able to just pull it off of the broken bolt. Got home, wiggled the box back and forth and lifted up. Done! Now, moving on to my parts list and trying to stay within my budget of $200. Next weekend, lots of cleaning.

Looks alot like my 2000 silver B
Except my silver B only has rear tires and wire rack on bottom
other then that looks same

Except for the colour (mine is black), that is exactly the same as the one I just retired - a Platinum 1200 series. Bought mine in 1997.

Back