Which Model should I pick

• Premium

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Master Touch

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

RyanS_MN

TVWBB Fan
So I posted a while back that I was able to restore an old 1996 MT back to former glorly. It's been great for 2 years but unfortunately there's a few bits that I couldn't save that are now down to their last leg (one touch system). Given the busted off handle, and everything else that I already had to solve for I'm ok with sending this out for pasture (maybe to WKC) to see if anyone else can give it a final shot, while I at least have affirmation that I am in fact ready to invest in a kettle. That said, I'm now at a crossroads of trying to decide if I should opt for the Premium or MT.

For some reference my MT, being as old as it is, basically lives in the realm of being a Premium with the lid bale, so really the debate is if the lid bale is going to be worth the extra $50. I'm leaning no, but it always helps to have insight from those who have possibly owned both or made this decision for themselves.

Cooking with Ry on YT addressed this in a vid a few months ago . FWIW , I made this decision last June and went with a Deep Ocean Blue MT, though I think if I did it again, I would step up another notch and get the MT with the deflector plate.

Cooking with Ry on YT addressed this in a vid a few months ago . FWIW , I made this decision last June and went with a Deep Ocean Blue MT, though I think if I did it again, I would step up another notch and get the MT with the deflector plate.

Yeah the issue I have is that I already have the char baskets and I'm already used to the cooking grate of the premium since that's what we threw in the MT as that's all it would have had back in the 90's lol. So for me it's really just if the lid bale is worth it or not.

How tall are you? 6’ or more, get the MT. I’m 6’3” and It’s surprising how much the extra height of the MT helps. If this kettle is your only charcoal cooker, then you may want to consider the MT Premium with the hinge, deflector plate and charcoal ring. It's a bit pricey, but it looks like a great do-it-all cooker.

I am 6'2" and the extra hight of the Master Touch made it worth it for me. I personally would not want to work without the lid bale either. Now, I was able to get my Master Touch used barely (less than 5 times, less than a year old) for a great price so I didn't pay anything near full price. I did pass up a Lot of used premiums while waiting for that perfect Master Touch, but I am glad I was patient. My vote is Master Touch!!!!

Back