help! just installed the manifold assy, the issue is that once started, flames are way too big. How can I adjust it? Thanks!

What model of grill? Where did you get the manifold that you installed? What was wrong with the old one? Pictures of the grill and even flames would be quite helpful.

What model of grill? Where did you get the manifold that you installed? What was wrong with the old one? Pictures of the grill and even flames would be quite helpful.
hi Bruce, it's a Weber Spirit S320 (2009) working on Lp gas. I bought it from eReplacement parts... I have purchase from them in the past.Thanks! Do I have to return it?

Just clarification right now.
Answer these questions:
1. Why did you put a new manifold on it?
2. What kind of manifold was originally on the grill? LP or NG?
3. What kind of manifold are you trying to install? LP or NG?

Just clarification right now.
Answer these questions:
1. Why did you put a new manifold on it?
2. What kind of manifold was originally on the grill? LP or NG?
3. What kind of manifold are you trying to install? LP or NG?
1. 'cause once I replaced the burnet tube kit, it didn't start flames properly. It activates the "security" and didn't make an even flames over the three tubes. Then, I walked into a Weber representative and he advise me that manifolds nowadays don't last. That he recommends me to replace it.
2. LP
3. unknown but based on the size of the flames... could be NG

OK, first of all, if you are having trouble with not getting enough gas, then the likelyhood of it being the manifold is about 1%. It is more likely the regulator and hose or the tank itself. That guy at Weber was obviously a new guy who doesn't really know what he is talking about. There is no "security" device in the manifold, it is in the regulator or the tank valve. Regardless, it sounds like the limited gas flow is solved now.
I hope they didn't make you buy a new manifold from them.
Anyway, no we have to determine if you have a NG manifold or an LP manifold. If you have a 3/64" drill bit, try sticking the shank end into one of the valve orifices. If it goes in, then you have a NG manifold on your grill and that is the problem. If it doesn't go in the orifice, then you have an LP manifold and we need to look at other possibilities. But first, lets determine whether or not you using a NG manifold with LP gas or not. Find a 3/64" drill bit and check. I hope PR uses inches and not MM or that might be a problem. I don't know which metric bit would work for this test. Probably a #56 gauge would work, but not sure.

OK, first of all, if you are having trouble with not getting enough gas, then the likelyhood of it being the manifold is about 1%. It is more likely the regulator and hose or the tank itself. That guy at Weber was obviously a new guy who doesn't really know what he is talking about. There is no "security" device in the manifold, it is in the regulator or the tank valve. Regardless, it sounds like the limited gas flow is solved now.
I hope they didn't make you buy a new manifold from them.
Anyway, no we have to determine if you have a NG manifold or an LP manifold. If you have a 3/64" drill bit, try sticking the shank end into one of the valve orifices. If it goes in, then you have a NG manifold on your grill and that is the problem. If it doesn't go in the orifice, then you have an LP manifold and we need to look at other possibilities. But first, lets determine whether or not you using a NG manifold with LP gas or not. Find a 3/64" drill bit and check. I hope PR uses inches and not MM or that might be a problem. I don't know which metric bit would work for this test. Probably a #56 gauge would work, but not sure.
I am going to check.... (y)

Back