Help! how to cook my two extra baby backs

Jason Kittleson

I am having a party today and I am smoking 8 racks on my weber. But I have to extra racks that I need to cook I have a Nesco Roaster, Gas Grill, or we could us our oven.
What would be your recommendation for comparable ribs to the smoker?
I will be starting to cook in a couple hours any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Is there a strategy for rotating some racks from the WSM to the gas grill? Maybe start 6 racks in the WSM, after a couple hours move the three from the top WSM rack to the gasser, and put the last two on the WSM top rack.

That way everything gets the benefit of at least some slow smoky cooking.

Can you trim the other two, if needed, and lay them flat across the rolled ones? I've laid slabs flat on top of slabs that are in a rib rack and that has worked.

as of right now I think I am going to try them in the nesco, and finish them for a few minutes on each side on the gas grill.
I will report back as to how they turned out.
Thanks for the replies guys.

Jason

I've stacked and rotated spares before during an "overload" smoke and had no problems. I prefer this to rolling them.

well I did the two extras in the nesco. I don't think I will be doing them that way again.
really paled in comparison.
I think I will try stacking them next time.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jason

Get a pair of Stainless Steel BBQ Racks from Klose Barbeque. Use one on the top rack and one on the bottom rack. Expensive, yes - but worth every cent as far as I'm concerned. PLUS they will outlast you, your kids, your grandkids, your great grandkids, etc., etc. .....

I routinely cook 12 slabs of baby backs - 5 in each rack plus one 'leaner' on each rack.

http://www.bbqpits.com/bbq_accessories/bbq_accessories_1.pdf

Back