Help getting a Viking Nat Gas Grill back up and cooking

The outdoor built-in is known as "George's Foul Ball". You can guess what the Home Run is (hint: it's posed right next to it).

Both of those were moved to Weber headquarters, where this picture was taken. Anyway, the point is, after he built the outdoor kitchen, and out of frustration and not being satisfied with the results, he started tinkering back at the shop, and here we are today. Rather than try to fix something that didn't work, George moved on...so what would George do in this situation? Probably sell your friend a Weber!

Parts are expensive. I’ve cleaned one for about $500 plus parts and service.

Go price a new one.

I’ve got to get price quotes to go out and clean and service 2 other high end grills.

He’s pretty much right on the money.

You better know what your doing and do your research first.

What I would do with that grill and what my buddy wants to do are different. I'd just pull out the grill and make a food prep / bar area out of that built-in.

It's a pretty large and fancy house. All of the appliances in his house are Viking. I'm sure the original salesman talked him into getting the grill. Every time I go up there, that big Viking grill just sits there unused. He rolled up one of his other grills from the pool area and has been using that. I just want to try and do him a solid and see if I can fix the Viking for somewhat cheap.

I've already got my eye out for a nice, cheap fixer upper Weber gasser to take up there to him. And of course plan on getting him a kettle. Every mountain house should have a Weber kettle, just feels right.

It'll be a few weeks before I'm up there next. I'll be sure to post updates and pictures of the progress.

Heading up to my buddy's house Labor Day weekend. Hoping to get it running while I'm up there...maybe not back to it's old glory days, but enough to cook burgers is the goal. I'll be taking notes and pictures of things I'm not able to get working.

Back