Help deciding on kettle or akorn

>>Nothing but the Weber. Just my 2 cents.<<
Can you explain why?

I was told that smoking ribs or brisket is more work on a kettle vs kamando.
I have no idea if this is true.

Weber one-touch at 200.00 or vision kamando at 550.00
I have not grilled in years, so I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

I have smoke on the OTG. 225 / 250 for hours with not much coal, three pounds maybe. Can't beat that. Work? Well, compared to the ECB is rather vacation. I have no experience with the kamado, but 550 I rather get the WSM 22.5. Just my two cents.

You go Weber and you will never go back. They build unmatched quality grills. First it was the WSM, then there was a small kettle, then the Performer. I grew up with really poorly built grills, so the Weber was a revalation. I can use the same charcoal several times before adding more. Spring for the Weber charcoal chimney or get your drill out and copy it.

Saw a vision kamando on sale for 550.00
But since I have not grilled in years, I am leaning towards the kettleman or weber.

Thinking that if I really enjoy grilling, I can get the vision next year.

Maybe I will like the weber so much as to not need the vision.

get the weber, you won't regret it. Parts like food grids and charcoal grids are available at Ace Hardware and other places if you need them, and you won't need them for quite a while. Get a 22.5 on craigslist if you want to start off cheaply. I have four weber kettles, only one of which I bought new. If you can store them inside they will last forever, literally. I have done whole turkeys indirect for thanksgiving for years, done ribs low and slow, and grilled lots of things directly. Plus you can get lots of accessories like a kettle rotissierie, kettle pizza, smokenator, you name it.
A friend gave me his abandoned 22.5 kettle, sitting outside his workplace for a couple michigan winters, and after new bottom fins, it worked great. I eventually gave it away to a co-worker, who is still using it 10+ years later. Can't beat a weber, in my opinion.

Well, wife wanted me to wait, and not the vision kamando is off sale and back at 650.00
Getting a lot of good advise here and am really leaning towards the weber master touch. (like the grate system)
If I really like it and want to get into smoking, I could later get the WSM and still spend less. (plus have two grills)

I missed out on a craigslist sale that had a weber performer with cart, but someone grabbed it. :(

Found a nice link for cooking
http://bbqpitboys.com/

Back