Hello, HELLO!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hiya! I am such a newbie to smoking.. I bought a brand new, in the box WSM at a garage sale last autumn for, ready..........$5.00. lol
I put it together yesterday, and am ready to start learning! I really, really miss my Dad's BBQ....
Any titles for good books to get to start??

Thanks!

The best thing I can recommend is this site. Keep things simple till you get some expereince and then go to it. I never cook the same thing twice. I tweak every recipe I follow. Most everything palatable, some is great, and occasionally its outstanding.

But for the WSM this is by far the best place to be.

BTW, Welcome

Bruce

Wendy,

Welcome aboard, I agree with the other Bruce, read all you can on this site and you'll be ready to give it a go. You won't be disappointed.
Good Luck talk to ya soon. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Wendy and welcome to the site. You are in for a real treat! Your gonna be amazed at how your cooker makes incredible BBQ that'll make your daddy proud!
This site is the best resource for WSM cooking. It's probably all you'll need to get started but my two favorite BBQ books are:
Smoke and Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison and
John Willinghams World Champion BBQ.
There are a ton of great recipes in these two books.
Hope you enjoy them,
Dave

Wendy,

Welcome!! I've learned more from this site than any place else on the web. This is the premiere site for BBQ as far as I'm concerned.

In addition to the books Dave mentioned, you'll also want to get "Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ Sauces." Lots of good stuff in there.

Read all you can. Knowledge is power.
-------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back