Hello from Wisconsin

James Tennessen

Hello everyone! My wife & I have a vintage Weber "Smoky Joe" charcoal grill and a Ducane "5004" natural gas grill. We have a problem with mice with the Ducane grill. It seems that whenever we leave the Ducane outside for any length of time, mice inevitably move in. We keep the grill clean, but it doesn't make any difference. I am wondering if anyone has the same problem and what they do to alleviate this situation. A person gets tired of the mouse cleaning problem, both the actual mice and their droppings. It also is a problem wheeling the grill around the yard and back into the garage before and after each usage.

Other than that, I look forward to the information that the members have to exchange with one another. As a new member it will be very interesting to read the recipes and other data that is out there. Hopefully, some one can help with our mouse problem. Thank you in advance for any help rendered! Happy Grilling everyone!

Best regards,

Jim

Welcome Jim
Hello everyone! My wife & I have a vintage Weber "Smoky Joe" charcoal grill and a Ducane "5004" natural gas grill. We have a problem with mice with the Ducane grill. It seems that whenever we leave the Ducane outside for any length of time, mice inevitably move in. We keep the grill clean, but it doesn't make any difference. I am wondering if anyone has the same problem and what they do to alleviate this situation. A person gets tired of the mouse cleaning problem, both the actual mice and their droppings. It also is a problem wheeling the grill around the yard and back into the garage before and after each usage.

Other than that, I look forward to the information that the members have to exchange with one another. As a new member it will be very interesting to read the recipes and other data that is out there. Hopefully, some one can help with our mouse problem. Thank you in advance for any help rendered! Happy Grilling everyone!

Best regards,

Jim
Welcome Jim
I would maybe bait them in and pick them off with my 12-gauge. Just don't shoot the grill 😂

Welcome Jim, I find that glue traps work pretty well on mice. I would set them up on a perimeter of the grill and wait for results. I would probably also do an extensive burn off of the grill to take care of any mice trying to live inside it.

Back